Prepping for an event is a double edged sword… On one side you are getting excited and butterflies for the the excitement of it all and on the other side you are going through your check list to ensure you have all the equipment to take on the event that you are going to cover.
With today’s event being the Ronald McDonald House Charities Lexus of Canberra Gala Ball held here in Canberra at The National Convention Center. It kicks off at 5 pm and will go until 2 am…….
What this means for me is given the size of the event, the use of flash as it will be dark, performances that need to be captured it will take a bit of equipment and more importantly a whole lot of flash units and batteries.
YAY for a party… I do love a good party and this one should be a cracker…
So what does an Event Photographer take on such and assignment? Well this is a very personal thing as each photographer has their own style but this is roughly what I will be taking.
- 1 x Canon 5D mkII
- 1 x Canon 5D mkII
- 1 x 70-200mm F2.8 Canon L lens
- 1 x 24-70mm f2.8 Canon L lens
- 3 x Speedlites
- 3 x external battery packs for the speedlites
- Colour correcting gels for the speedlites to balance the colour of the lights against the colour of the rooms.
- 3 x defusing caps for the speedlites
- 1 x remote trigger for the speedlites
- 3 x Elinchrom Rangers Quadra packs
- 6 x Elinchrom Rangers Quadra heads
- 6 x Elinchrom Rangers Quadra battery packs
- Colour correcting and theatrical gels for the Elinchrom Rangers Quadra, where I can create some unique images.
- 2 x Remote triggers for the Elinchrom Rangers Quadra
- 4 x light stands of different sizes
- 6 x sandbags
- 1 x GoPro in protective water proof case – ha ha ha…. You never do know what might happen… 😉
- 28,321,988 x AA rechargeable batteries
- Lens Cleaners
- Some clips, straps, a few bags, tape, claps, etc
- A external charging unit to keep my iphone charged so I can get Behind The Lens shots…. ha ha ha
mmmmmm Am I missing something…. I know I wont need to pack fun as I will find it at the event…. Oh yeah my pack horse… Now where did I put him…. ha ha ha ha
For all you Canberra Raiders fans out there I will once again be running into the best cheer squad in the League if not the country The Emeralds so stay tuned for some great photos of these fantastic bunch of ladies as they will be putting on a performance.
If you want more info on the event or just want to know more about what RMHC does, have a look on the link below.